Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Filipino Birthday Party

The 1st and 7th birthday in the Philippines are considered special. But, in general, Filipino's family party are a lot like Mexican families - big with lots of family. My boss had your son's first birthday party at own of the nice hotels downtown. They hired an MC / Magician. One of the games they played was - 'Bring me a....'. In this case, it was 'a Daddy'. Maria got me up to the front of the room. Ilaria (Mike Keogh's wife) got him up there with his son - Owen). And, of course, it is not Filipino party unless someone is singing. The good news is Mike and I are not in a dress - which is what usually happens when singing and Intel expats are involved (standard hazing process). (See photo at bottom of page from the recent Qtrly finance meeting)

Below Mike (directly to my left) and I, along with some family friends, sang Happy Birthday to Monty.

As I mentioned the birthday was at a local hotel. below is a photo of maria and caroline (the keogh's daughter). We are on the 42nd floor. You can see the Manila in the background.


Catalina at the party.


I almost forget what I looked it with hair. (standard new expat hazing). the CV bums are nothing like those in AZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home