Saturday, April 15, 2006

March Madness

First - Let me say - I am very behind on my blog updates. I will be posting a number of updates shortly.

No photos - just a verbal update. Remember - what happens in Vegas - stays in Vegas. Most of you know I am a college basketball junkie. And when you combine by two favorite passions - watching college basketball and betting on sports - it is pure heaven. Myself and several co-workers have made the trek to Vegas for the first weekend of March Madness for the last six or seven years. Yes - this year I flew halfway around the world to go to Vegas. I left the Philippines Wednesday morning; Arrived in Vegas Wednesday afternoon; And left LA on Saturday at Midnight to return to the Philippine. A very quick trip, but well worth.

I am also a massive college bball data geek. Last year my "system" was incredible, but not sustainable. last year my hit rate was 78%. If I really thought I could hit 78% every year, I would quit Intel and be a professional sports gambler. 78% is only obtainable for a select few - which I am not. I hit 58% this yr - enough to break-even. I have to bet at $11 on every game so the % same I should come out close to 50% - good enough when add the entertainment value.

Of course, I did not come back empty handed. Amy had quite a shopping list for me at Target. And I brought back 2 dozen Tamales, Twinkies and some ho-hos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home